LEGISLATIVE ALLOWABLE ACTIVITIES THAT QUALIFY FOR TITLE III SAFRA FUNDING
- Purchase, rental, or lease of scientific or laboratory equipment for educational purposes, including instructional and research purposes.
- Construction, maintenance, renovation, and improvement in classrooms, libraries, laboratories, and other instructional facilities, including purchase or rental of telecommunications and technology equipment or services.
- Academic instruction in disciplines in which Black Americans are underrepresented.
- Purchase of library books, periodicals, microfilm, and other educational materials, including telecommunications program materials.
- Establishing or enhancing a program of teacher education designed to qualify students to teach in a public elementary or secondary school in the State that shall include, as part of such program, preparation for teacher certification.
- Other activities, consistent with the institution’s comprehensive plan and designed to increase the institutions capacity to prepare students for careers in the physical or natural sciences, mathematics, computer science or information technology or sciences, engineering, language instruction in the less- commonly taught languages or international affairs, or nursing or allied health professions.
Other activities proposed in the application submitted under subsection (d) that - (A) contribute to carrying out the purposes of this part; and (B) are approved by the Secretary as part of the review and acceptance of such application.
Activity I – Developing and strengthening academic programs and services
Activity I is designed to promote curriculum development and the enhancement of instructional delivery by the purchasing of state-of-the-art equipment to prevent obsolescence and to meet the changing needs within the College service area.
ACTIVITY I DIRECTOR