The Dental Assisting Program is designed to prepare the student for a career in the dental assisting field of dentistry. A person trained in this field provides chairside assistance to the dentist, performs work in a dental laboratory, and performs certain functions in the dental office such as making appointments, billing patients and keeping records.
The program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association and is approved by the Board of Dental Examiners of Alabama. The Certifying Board of the American Dental Association gives special recognition to those who have achieved a high degree of competence and ability in the dental assisting field.
Dental Assisting General Information
Dental Assisting Handbook
- Policies and Procedures for Radiology and Ionizing Radiation
- Compliance with OSHA Rules and Regulation Related to Bloodborne Pathogens
- Work Force Confidentiality Agreement
Trenholm Dental Clinic
- American Dental Assisting Association
- Dental Assisting National Board
- Alabama Dental Association
- American Dental Association