The Truck Driving program at H. Councill Trenholm State Community College is designed to prepare the student to operate vehicles requiring a commercial driver’s license. A ten-week Truck Driving program is offered that utilizes the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) model curriculum as the foundation for training and takes the student from basic through advanced operation of a tractor/trailer. Additionally, courses taught include safe operation practices and non-vehicle activities which are not directly related to the vehicle but which must be performed by the operator. Information is presented in an intensive question and answer format to provide the most efficient and cost-effective method for preparing a student for a commercial driver’s license.
Students entering the Truck Driving Program must have a valid driver’s license, be at least twenty-one (21) years of age for a class “A” CDL, and successfully pass a DOT physical which includes a drug screen, and present a current Motor Vehicle Report (MVR). While enrolled in the Truck Driving Program, students must obtain the Alabama Commercial Drivers Learner’s License and are subject to DOT random drug testing rules. This program does not accept any “English as a second language” applicants.
- Registration (Class 1 FA2017 or 2 SP2018) - July 11 - July 31, 2017
- Registration (Class 2 SP2018 or 3 SP2018) - Nov. 14 - Dec. 8, 2017
- Registration (Class 3 SP2018 or 4 SU2018) - Feb. 5 - Feb. 23, 2018
- Registration (Class 4 SU2018 or Class 1 FA2018 ) - April 3 - May 1, 2018
- Registration (Class 1 FA2018 or Class 2 SP2019 ) - July 10 - July 30, 2018
- CLASS 01 (September 18 - December 7, 2017)
- CLASS 02 (January 5 - March 16, 2018)
- CLASS 03 (March 28 - June 8, 2018)
- CLASS 04 (June 12 - August 22, 2018)
Examples of Required Documents
Truck Driving Third Party Testing