The mission of the Office of Human Resources is to recruit, retain and develop a highly competent, diverse workforce that supports the mission, vision and values of Trenholm State Community College, while safeguarding its interests through the establishment of equitable procedures and by ensuring compliance with applicable laws, policies, rules and regulations pertaining to employment matters.
Office of Human Resources
H. Councill Trenholm State Community College
P.O. Box 10048
Montgomery, AL 36108
7:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday-Thursday
7:30 am to 11:30 am Friday
Pamalon C. Rollins, Ed.D.
Director of Human Resources
Mrs. Cassandra Segree, MSM
Human Resources Assistant
Mrs. Katrina Beckham, B.S.
All full-time employees of H. Councill Trenholm State Community College have the option to enroll in various benefits administered through Trenholm State payroll and employee benefits.
- Supplemental Disability (AFLAC)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Shared Allocations
- Sick Leave Bank
- Teacher's Retirement System
- Holiday Schedule
- Summary of Benefits
H. Councill Trenholm State Community College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law.
For additional information on employment issues, including Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504, Title II, and Title IX questions and concerns, please contact: Pamalon C. Rollins, Ed.D., Director of Human Resources by email, email@example.com.
For additional information on student-related issues, including ADA, Section 504, Title II, and Title IX questions or concerns, please contact: Wanda Campbell, Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Students by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information regarding Title VI questions or concerns, please contact: Geneva Patterson, Upward Bound Director by email, email@example.com.
Applications for the positions listed below are accepted on a continuous basis.
- Adjunct – Nursing Instructor
- Adjunct or Substitute Instructors (All teaching fields)
- Adult Education Instructor (Part-time)
- CIS Instructor (Part-time)
- CIS CISCO Workforce Development Instructor (Part-time)
- CIS Cyber Security Workforce Development Instructor (Part-time)
- CIS Database & Web Design Workforce Development Instructor (Part-time)
- CIS Program Coding Workforce Development Instructor (Part-time)
- CIS Programming Workforce Development Instructor (Part-time)
- CIS System Support Workforce Development Instructor (Part-time)
- Clerical Support, Maintenance Support, Trainer, and Mentor
- Lab Technician or Instructional Assistant (Part-time)
- Truck Driving Instructor (Part-time)
- Peer or Professional Tutor (Part-time)
- Ready-To-Work Instructor (Part-time)
- TEBI or Workforce Development Instructors (Part-time)
- Upward Bound Instructor (Part-time)
Current Employment Opportunities
- ABE Instructor
- Coordinator of Institutional Advancement
- Nursing Instructor
- Program Coordinator Instructor - Truck Driving
All forms are in portable document format (PDF) and can only be viewed and accessed via Adobe Reader.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Vacancy Announcements and Employment Applications are available at www.trenholmstate.edu and by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (334) 420-4442 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials may be delivered to the Office of Human Resources, Room A102 of the Administration Building on the Trenholm Campus, or submitted via U.S. mail to the following address: Trenholm State Community College, Office of Human resources, P.O. Box 10048, Montgomery, AL 36108. Applications currently on file must be resubmitted for this position. If you are applying for more than one position, submit a complete packet for each position. Once submitted, all application packets become the property of Trenholm State. The submission of all application materials (an application packet) to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline is the sole responsibility of the applicant. Delinquent, e-mailed, and unsigned application packets/documents will not be accepted. Only complete application packets will be considered.
A completed application packet consists of:
- A completed official College employment application; “See resume or attached” will not be accepted.
- A current résumé.
- Three (3) signed letters of reference; font-typed signatures are not acceptable.
- Copies of all relevant transcripts. Transcripts copies must show the identification of the institution, the identification of the applicant, and verify that the applicant has received the minimum degree requirements as stated in the “Required Qualifications” section. The person chosen to fill the position is required to furnish official transcripts prior to the completion of the first semester of employment.
*As a condition of the employment offer, the applicant chosen to fill the position will be required to submit letters of verification from previous or current employer verifying the work experience stated in the “Required Qualifications” section. The letters of verification must include the applicant’s beginning and ending dates of employment, employment title, and indicate if the employment was full or part-time.
Applicants who fail to submit a complete application packet will not be considered.
Applicants must adhere to the College's prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. Trenholm State Community College reserves the right to withdraw any job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search process.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and procedures, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a nonrefundable fee of $17.40 (additional charges may apply) for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Trenholm State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Trenholm State will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees).
Trenholm State Community College is an equal opportunity employer.
“Trenholm State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-verify participant.”
Policies and Guidelines
600: Personnel Policies and Chancellor’s Procedures (click to expand)
- 4.17.19 EXE Memo 600 Policies
- Policy 602.02: Posting and Hiring
- Policy 606.05: Supplements or Extra Duty Pay
- Policy 606.08: Emergency Shelter Duty and Pay Provision
- Policy 608.01: Instructor Load Hours
- Policy 610.01: Leaves with Pay
- Policy 610.02: Paid Absences Due to On-the-Job Injuries
- Policy 612.02: Tuition Assistance
- Policy 620.01: Employee Grievance
- Policy 620.02: Employee Complaints
- Chancellor's Procedure -- 602.02 Posting and Hiring
- Chancellor's Procedure -- 608.01 Instructor Load and Hours
- Chancellor's Procedure -- 610.02 Absences Due to On-the-Job-Related Injuries
- Chancellor's Procedure -- 612.02 Tuition Assistance
- Alabama Board of Adjustment
- Alabama Posting Law
- ACCS Board Policies (Series 100 - 900)
- Employee Handbook
- Uniform Guidelines
ACCS Employment Opportunities
It is the official policy of Trenholm State Community College that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, shall be discriminated against on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law.
601.02 Nondiscrimination Policy