➢ WorkKeys Information
WorkKeys® is a comprehensive skills analysis and assessment system developed by ACT. The WorkKeys system is used nationwide by employers and educational institutions to identify the skills employees, potential employees, and students require in order to be successful in the workplace. Additionally, WorkKeys can be used to develop and evaluate training and educational needs; thereby, further creating a more effective and efficient workforce.
The WorkKeys® System is a three-part system, which consists of:
- JOB PROFILING- During this process, Job Profilers, certified by ACT, evaluate the key skills and levels of competency required to perform a particular job within a company. The Job Profiler will work with knowledgeable and experienced employees to determine these skills required for successful job performance.
- ASSESSMENT- Measures the current skills of individuals in three key areas:
- Communication Assessments - Business Writing, Listening, Reading for Information, and Writing
- Problem Solving Assessments - Applied Mathematics, Applied Technology, Locating Information, and Observation
- Interpersonal Skills Assessment - Teamwork
- TARGETED INSTRUCTION TRAINING - is provided to help individuals and employees attain the skill levels required for a profiled job.
➢ What to do before Test Day:
REQUIRED DISABILITY SERVICES: If you need to request Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA/504) accommodations, please contact Ms. Robinson at least 2 weeks before taking the ACT WorkKeys Test.
|Ms. Robinson||(334) email@example.com|
The ACT WorkKeys - Basic Ability Test (BAT) Typically for Law Enforcement
- Consist of 3 parts at a cost of $45.00 ($15.00 for each section):
Workplace Documents, Graphic Literacy and Applied Math takes approximately 55 minutes each.
- The FIT assessment cost $15.00 and takes approximately 10 – 30 minutes.
- The Business Writing takes approximately 30 minutes at a cost $30.00.
- Applied Technology and Workplace Observation takes approximately 55 minutes at a cost $30.00 each.
National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) www.myworkkeys.com or call ACT at 1-800-967-5539. Create your account to print your certificate.
You may make the payment in-person or over the phone by contacting the Cashiers Office. The contacts for the Cashiers’ office are listed below:
1225 Air Base Blvd., Building A/B
|Ms. Suezette Pritchett||(334) 420-4272|
3920 Troy Hwy., Building D
|Mr. Henry Smith||(334) 420-4264|
All individuals must register for the ACT Workkeys assessments to receive registration confirmation and instructions. Any organizational paid assessments must submit examinees names and the specific assessment(s) to be taken, prior to examinees scheduled testing date.
➢ Practice and Get Prepared for Test Day
The ACT WorkKeys Assessment has practice material available to help you get prepared for Test Day.
Contact the Testing Service Staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get signed up.
ACT WorkKeys Curriculum: https://workkeyscurriculum.act.org/.
ACT WorkKeys Scores are valid for three years from the test date of the assessment.
ACT WORKKEYS INDIVIDUAL ASSESSMENTS INFORMATION
➢ What to Expect on Test Day:
- The Testing Location is on the Trenholm Campus, Student Computer Lab, Building E, located at 1225 Air Base Boulevard, Montgomery, AL 36108.
- Please arrive a 10 – 30 minutes early for check-in. Testing will start at 8:00 a.m. takes approximately 1.0 hours to complete each section.
- You must have a valid driver's license or a state-issued non-driving ID card with you at the time of testing.
- Examinees are not allowed to bring calculators, cell phones, or any other devices in the Testing room.
- You may want to consider bringing a sweater or jacket with you as room temperatures may vary.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Call (334) 420-4418.
NO CELL PHONES OR ELECTRONIC DEVICES ALLOWED IN TESTING AREA
NO FOOD, DRINKS OR TALKING ALLOWED IN THE TESTING LAB.
For more information on WorkKeys services, please contact:
Testing Service Staff
1225 Air Base Blvd.
Montgomery, AL 36108
Telephone: (334) 420-4418