The FIRST STEP in applying for financial aid is filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application each year. At Trenholm State, the FAFSA is the only application required for Federal and/or State Aid for the school year which includes the fall and spring semesters and summer Term.
The FAFSA Trenholm State school code is 005734
WHO GETS FEDERAL STUDENT AID? The most basic eligibility requirements are that you must:
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Have either a high school diploma or GED a certificate;
- Have a valid Social Security number;
- Be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program;
- Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible noncitizen;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress once in college;
- Sign a statement of educational purpose/certification statement on refunds and defaults;
- You must sign statements on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) stating that you are not in default on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant.
- Register with Selective Service, if male between the ages of 18 and 25. If not registered, you can do so when completing the FAFSA.
Financial Aid - The first day that you can submit the FAFSA for the new academic year is October 1. Apply online at www.studentaid.gov. Some types of aid are limited in funding. Therefore, you must apply early, by the following priority dates, in order to be considered for the maximum award that you may qualify to receive.
- Fall semester - June 1,
- Spring semester - November 2
- Summer term - March 1.
Please remember to enter the Trenholm State Community College's Federal School Code 005734 on your FAFSA.
Admission - You can apply for financial aid before you are admitted, but Federal funds cannot be awarded until you are unconditionally admitted to the College (Complete the online admissions application here).