Important Dates for Fall 2021
(You should view the Academic Calendar for additional important dates.)
30 or more credit hours
June 16th, 2021
Speak with your Faculty Advisor if you have questions regarding registration and course selection.
29 or less credit hours
June 23th, 2021
Students in this category will be required to speak with their Faculty Advisor to gain access for registration.
Fall 2021 Registration AND Drop & Add ENDS
Thursday, August 19th, 2021
Fall 2021 Classes Begin
Monday, August 16th, 2021
To enhance your experience, Trenholm will offer SIX (6) S.O.A.R. Information Sessions. These virtual sessions allow new students to connect to the college early. Students also learn more about admissions, financial aid, academic advising, class registration, and student resources. There will also be demonstrations on how to log into student email and student portal accounts.
It is strongly recommended that all first-time Trenholm students attend one of the Virtual S.O.A.R. information sessions.
ADMISSIONS AND CLASS REGISTRATION AT TSCC
- Upload Residency Form the Valid Gov.t Photo ID
- OFFICIAL High School Transcripts
- Request your Official High school transcript with graduation date from your Guidance Office and have it sent directly to Trenholm State Community College; or
- Go to https://needmytranscript.com/.
- OFFICIAL GED Transcripts - https://ged.com/life_after_ged/.
- OFFICIAL College Transcript(s) from all other colleges attended. OFFICIAL college transcripts should be sent to our mailing address directly from the prior institution(s). OFFICIAL documents may also be sent electronically if the prior institution(s) provide this type of transcript delivery. We cannot accept faxed or unofficial college transcripts. Students who have achieved a minimum of a Baccalaureate degree are only required to submit a transcript from the granting institution.
- ACCUPLACER Placement Test
- Electronic transcripts must be emailed through a secure network (such as eScript/Credentials, Parchment or The National Student Clearinghouse) to email@example.com
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 10048
Montgomery, AL 36108
If you are a Transient, Returning, Dual Enrollment or International applicant, please follow this link to the admissions page for additional admissions information. Admissions Webpage
Know your Admissions Status!
Applicants must complete and upload the Residency Form and a Valid Government Photo ID before being admitted to the College. You will be Conditionally or Unconditionally admitted to the College, if otherwise eligible, once this Residency Form and Valid Id are on file.
Admission Status Types: There are two types of admission status:
- Conditional Status: Students who have not submitted all required transcripts and/or documents may be admitted as conditional status. Conditional students will also be emailed access with instructions to their student email and MyTrenholm student portal.
- Unconditional Status: Students who have submitted all required documentation may be admitted as unconditional status.
Conditional Status Please Note: Conditionally admitted students are allowed to register for classes. However, financial aid cannot be processed until student's admissions status is Unconditional. Failure to provide documentation by the end of the first semester, as determined by local institutional calendars, will prevent a student from future registration and official transcript release.
Your admissions status will be emailed to you weekly, along with other important enrollment information. Continue to check your email frequently. Admission inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 334-420-4310.
“MyTrenholm” Login Credentials: 24-48 hours after uploading your Residency Form and a Valid Gov't. Issued Photo ID, your access to your student email and "MyTrenholm" student portal will be emailed to you.
Trenholm uses a single-sign in platform. Therefore, your email login and password need to be accessed BEFORE you can access your "MyTrenholm Portal or CANVAS.
HOW TO LOGIN - OFFICE 365
(Outlook Email, Powerpoint, Word, Teams, Excel, and more)
Log in to Microsoft 365 with your Trenholm email: (Aemail@example.com).
- To access your student email http://www.trenholmstate.edu.
- Click on "Login" at the top of the page, then click on the TSCC Email button.
- Your initial Password is "Trenholm!mmddyy" (mmddyy is your date of birth).
- Set up security verification questions when prompted. PLEASE DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. You MUST set up your security questions to retrieve your account if you lose access to it.
HOW TO LOGIN
“MyTrenholm” Student Portal
Log into your "MyTrenholm" Student Portal with your Trenholm email address.
- To access your “My Trenholm” Student Portal go to http://www.trenholmstate.edu.
- Click on "Login" at the top of the page, then click on the My Trenholm Students Portal button
- Under Quick Links you will find the link "My Trenholm Portal".
- Login in "MyTrenholm" Portal with your Trenholm email address and password.
If you have any issues accessing your account, contact the IT Department at ITSupport@trenholmstate.edu.
VIRTUAL AND ON-CAMPUS OPTIONS
All NEW students are REQUIRED to meet with their program advisor BEFORE registering for classes for the first time. Program Advisors will assist new students with course selections and introduce them to their degree plan. There are several options and opportunities for Program Advising and Class Registration. Virtual, On-Campus, and By Appointment options are available.
BY APPOINTMENT OPTION
- Look up the contact information for your PROGRAM ADVISOR using the FACULTY ADVISOR DIRECTORY.
- Use the contact information from the directory to call or email your program advisor. Please use your student email account when contacting your advisor. Provide a good phone number and the best time to contact you. Also, check your student email daily for communications from your advisor.
- Your advisor will make contact by phone or email to advise you on the course selections for the semester, review your DEGREE PLAN USING DEGREE WORKS and answer any questions you may have regarding your program.
Advising hours fall between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. on Fridays. However, each faculty member has specific office hours dedicated to helping students. Therefore, please use the contact information provided below to call or email to set up an appointment.
When sending an email, always use your Trenholm email account, indicate “Advising or Registration Request” in the subject line and include your full name, student A- number and a good contact phone number. Your advisor will respond to your email or call during their advising hours. Please allow one business day for all return correspondence.
Access your DEGREE PLAN using DEGREE WORKS!
Degree Works is a web-based tool to help students and advisors monitor students' progress toward degree completion. Degree Works combines Trenholm State's degree requirements and the coursework completed into a degree plan. Degree Works allows students and faculty advisors to see how completed courses count toward degree completion.
Degree Works is designed to aid and facilitate academic and career technical education advising. The degree plans produced by Degree Works are dependent on students' majors.
If a major is not identified for a student, choose the "What-If" option, and select an anticipated major from the drop-down list to view a complete degree audit.
After you have contacted your advisor for course selection and degree planning you are now ready to log into your “MyTrenholm” Student Portal and register for classes.
Login to "My Trenholm" Portal with your Trenholm email address and the same password as your Trenholm email address.
- Students must enter their Username (Trenholm State email address) and Password (Email password) to login.
- Select the Student tab at the top of the page.
- Select the Student Landing page.
- Select Registration from the menu.
- Select Look Up Classes.
- Select the correct term and click Submit.
- Select Advanced Search (the most convenient way to search courses by campus).Advanced Search allows you to choose your preferred search criteria. A suggested option is to select a subject, course number (if known), and desired campus. Then click on Section Search.
- A list of courses that meet the search criteria will be displayed. Please note that a course with a C to the left indicates the course is Closed (maximum enrollment met)Courses with check boxes to the left have available space.
- To register for a course, check the box and click Register.
- Select New Search to look up another course. Repeat as needed.
- To drop a course, click on Add or Drop Classes. Click on the down arrow beside the course and select Web Drop. Be sure to also click on Submit Changes
How To View Your Student Schedule
- Select the Student tab.
- Select Student Landing Page.
- Click on Registration, and then click on Student Detail Schedule or Concise Student Schedule.
- Review your schedule to be sure you are registered for the correct campus, day, times, and type of course.
How To Pay Tuition and Fees Online
- Remember, registration is not complete until tuition and fees have been paid. Students with unpaid tuition and fees are subject to being dropped from their courses at any time.
- Select the Student tab, click on Student Account, click on Account Summary, and then click on Credit Card Payment (and follow instructions).
- Click Cashier/Payment Options for additional information.
Questions regarding payment options:
Cashier Contact Information:
Trenholm Campus (1225 Air Base Blvd. – A/B Bldg.) - 334-420-4272
Patterson Site (3920 Troy Highway – Bldg. D) - 334-420-8080
OR email: TSCCCashier@trenholmstate.edu