➢ ACCUPLACER Assessment Information
ACCUPLACER® Placement Assessment is a computerized assessment of skills in Math, Reading, and Writing. It is used to measure a student’s readiness for college-level courses. It is also a tool we use to help enroll students in the class which corresponds to individual skill levels. It is highly recommended that a student take the placement test at least 5 business days prior to any program deadline that one may need to meet.
Prospective students must schedule an appointment online using the ACCUPLACER Reservation Form to take the ACCUPLACER Placement Assessment. Please select the Schedule An Appointment link below to view upcoming test dates and to register.
The following documents must be completed and submitted to the Admissions Office before you are eligible to reserve a space for the ACCUPLACER Placement Assessment:
1. Admissions Application
2. Photo Identification
3. Official High School Transcript/GED Transcript
4. Official College Transcripts (if applicable)
➢ Practice and Get Prepared for Test Day
Did you know that there are study guides available to help you prepare for the ACCUPLACER? Please see the information below for study guides, materials, and practice resources for the ACCUPLACER.
ACCUPLACER Assessment Preparation Online Materials (click title expand)
The Official Web-Based Study App
The ACCUPLACER web-based study app features practice tests in each test subject. It is accessible from most devices with internet access, and will help you become familiar with the content and format of the ACCUPLACER test questions.
- “Learn as you go” tests provide you with explanation of the correct or incorrect responses.
- Sample tests are similar to the real thing, so you’ll know ahead of time what your experience will be like on test day.
- You can save your work at any time, and come back when it’s convenient for you.
- You can review your score history to see what you’re already doing well and what skills you should focus on improving.
Free ACCUPLACER Practice Questions
These free resources include the types of questions and essays you’ll see when you take the ACCUPLACER test.
- See What’s Included On the Test- Inside the Test
- Prepare for the ACCUPLACER - ACCUPLACER Sample Questions Link
- Prepare for the ACCUPLACER- FREE Study App
Test Prep Review (All subjects) - PrepSTEP Study Link You will have to create an account using your Trenholm State email address in order to use this free service.
- Prepare for the ACCUPLACER Math Section - ACCUPLACER Next Generation Math Review
Placement Test Prep- PrepSTEP Study Link You will have to create an account using your Trenholm State email address in order to use this free service.
➢ What to Expect on Test Day:
- The Testing Location is on the Trenholm Campus, Student Success Center Computer Lab- Building F, located at 1225 Air Base Boulevard, Montgomery, AL 36108.
- Testing will start at 8:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. and takes approximately 3.0 hours to complete. Please arrive a few minutes early for check-in.
- You must have a valid driver's license or a state-issued non-driving ID card with you at the time of testing.
- Testers are not allowed to bring calculators, cell phones, or any other devices in the Testing room.
- You may want to consider bringing a sweater or jacket with you as room temperatures may vary.
If you have any questions, please contact Monica Robinson at 334-420-4418.
See the links below for additional information: