ACCUPLACER® Placement Assessment is a computerized assessment of skills in Math, Reading, and Writing. It is used to measure a student’s readiness for college-level courses. It is also a tool we use to help enroll students in the class which corresponds to individual skill levels.
Prospective students who do not meet the exemption criteria for placement in college-level courses as listed below must schedule an appointment online using the ACCUPLACER Reservation Form to take the ACCUPLACER Placement Assessment. It is highly recommended that a student take the placement test at least 5 business days prior to any program deadline that one may need to meet. Click here to Schedule an Appointment for the ACCUPLACER test.
Please note that the following documents must be completed and submitted to the Admissions Office 1) before you are eligible to reserve a space for the ACCUPLACER Placement Assessment, and 2) to determine if you can be exempt from taking the placement test:
1. Admissions Application
2. Photo Identification
3. Official High School Transcript/GED Transcript
4. Official College Transcripts (if applicable)
Please read the section below on Placement Test Exemption Guidelines to see if you are exempt from taking the ACCUPLACER Placement Assessment.
No tests are required for general admission to Trenholm State Community College but may be required for placement in college-level courses.
First-time college students may have ACT, SAT or GED (2014 series) scores considered for placement in college-level English and math if those scores have been earned within 5 years. If test scores are not available or not at the appropriate level, then students who have graduated high school within 5 years with a 2.75 grade point average (GPA) may have their grades in English IV (senior English) and Algebra II considered for placement in college-level English and math. Students must have the results of their ACT, SAT or GED and high school transcripts** forwarded to Trenholm State to be used for placement purposes.
First-time students without proof of appropriate ACT, SAT or GED scores, those with scores below the established guidelines, or those without proof of a 2.75 grade point average or higher on their final high school transcript, must register online to take the ACCUPLACER Placement Assessment in writing and mathematics prior to meeting with an advisor to enroll in courses.
Students who transfer from a regionally accredited college without a C or better in a degree-creditable English composition and college-level algebra course and without exemptions as listed below, will be required to take one or both parts of the placement test.
Want to know how you can be exempt from taking the ACCUPLACER? Click the following link to view more details. ACCUPLACER Exemptions.
Did you know that there are study guides available to help you prepare for the ACCUPLACER? Please see the information below for study guides, materials, and practice resources for the ACCUPLACER.
ACCUPLACER Assessment Preparation Online Materials
The ACCUPLACER web-based study app features practice tests in each test subject. It is accessible from most devices with internet access, and will help you become familiar with the content and format of the ACCUPLACER test questions.
- “Learn as you go” tests provide you with explanation of the correct or incorrect responses.
- Sample tests are similar to the real thing, so you’ll know ahead of time what your experience will be like on test day.
- You can save your work at any time, and come back when it’s convenient for you.
- You can review your score history to see what you’re already doing well and what skills you should focus on improving.
Free ACCUPLACER Practice Questions
These free resources include the types of questions and essays you’ll see when you take the ACCUPLACER test.
- See What’s Included On the Test- Inside the Test
- Prepare for the ACCUPLACER - ACCUPLACER Sample Questions Link
- Prepare for the ACCUPLACER- FREE Study App
Test Prep Review (All subjects) - PrepSTEP Study Link You will have to create an account using your Trenholm State email address in order to use this free service.
- Prepare for the ACCUPLACER Math Section - ACCUPLACER Next Generation Math Review
Placement Test Prep- PrepSTEP Study Link You will have to create an account using your Trenholm State email address in order to use this free service.
- The Testing Location is on the Trenholm Campus, Building E - Computer Lab, located at 1225 Air Base Boulevard, Montgomery, AL 36108.
- Testing will start at 8:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. and takes approximately 3.0 hours to complete. Please arrive a few minutes early for check-in.
- You must have a valid driver's license or a state-issued non-driving ID card with you at the time of testing.
- Testers are not allowed to bring calculators, cell phones, or any other devices in the Testing room.
- You may want to consider bringing a sweater or jacket with you as room temperatures may vary.
If you have any questions, please contact Monica Robinson at 334-420-4418.
See the links below for additional information:
- Study App
- Testing Schedule and Process
- To learn more about ACCUPLACER visit accuplacer.collegeboard.org
- ACCUPLACER Testing FAQs