- Dual Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
- Dual Enrollment High School Authorization Form
- Counselor Checklist for Dual Enrollment
- Dual Enrollment Course Selection Form
- Dual Enrollment Application Procedure
- Fall 2020 Dual Enrollment Student Survey
The first step to be accepted into this program is to complete the college application. Apply Now!
What is Dual Enrollment
Dual Enrollment is a program that allows high school students to get a jump start on their college career. Dual enrollment allows high school students to earn college credits for courses taken through a post-secondary institution while still being enrolled in high school.
Institutions within the Alabama Community College System are authorized to establish dual enrollment/dual credit programs with local boards of education in the College service area. Courses offered by Alabama Community College System shall be of postsecondary level and enrolled students must pay normal tuition as required by the postsecondary institution, or as stipulated in a contract for services between the two levels.
Dual Enrollment Requirements
- The student must meet the entrance requirements established by the Alabama Community College System.
- The student must have a “minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- The student must have written approval of the appropriate principal and/or the local superintendent of education.
- The student must be in either grade 10, 11, or 12, or have an exception granted by the participating postsecondary institution upon the recommendation of the student’s superintendent or his/her designee in accordance with Alabama Administrative Code 290-8-9-.17 regarding gifted and talented students.
- Students may enroll in occupational/technical courses/programs in accordance with guidelines of the Alabama Community College System.
- Students enrolled in courses offered during the normal high school day, on or off the high school campus, shall have prior permission of the student’s superintendent or his/her designee and the participating postsecondary institution’s president.
- Parental permission and travel for courses offered off the high school campus during the normal school day will be administered under the auspices of local boards of education.
- Three semester credit hours at the postsecondary level shall equal one credit at the high school level in the same or a related subject. Partial credit agreements shall be developed between the participating postsecondary institution and the local board of education.
For information concerning Dual Enrollment offered at Trenholm State, please contact: