Prospective international students must apply for admissions to Trenholm State prior to the issuance of the Form I-20. Admissions process must be completed prior to enrolling in classes.
An international student must provide the following documentation:
- Completed Trenholm State Community College application for admission and signature page;
- Copy of student’s U.S. Visa and Passport with a current photo. Current and valid passport or other official documentation verifies lawful presence;
- An official translated copy of the student’s high school transcript and college transcript(s), if applicable; all foreign transcripts and credentials must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). The web site is www.wes.org. International students must request that their previous high school and college(s), if applicable, mail all official transcripts to WES. Once credentials are evaluated, WES will send the students’ official transcripts to Trenholm State Community College.
- A minimum score ranging from 5.5 on the IELTS International English Language Testing System) as determined by the college, or a total score of 61 on the Internet-based TOEFL, a 2A on the Step EIKEN Test in Practical English Proficiency, or a total score of 500 on the paper-based TOEFL. Institutions may admit students to an established ESL program in preparation for the English Language Exam. However, students may not enroll in regular college courses until the English Language requirement is met. The English as a Second Language exam may be waived for students from all English speaking countries including but not limited to: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia (Australian English), the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Belize (Belizean Kriol), the British Indian Ocean Territory, the STUDENT SERVICES 161 British Virgin Islands, Canada (Canadian English), the Cayman Islands, Dominica, the Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guernsey (Channel Island English), Guyana, Ireland (Hiberno-English), Isle of Man (Manx English), Jamaica (Jamaican English), Jersey, Montserrat, Nauru, New Zealand (New Zealand English), Nigeria, Pitcairn Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Tanzania, Singapore, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, the Turks and Caicos Islands, The Gambia, the United Kingdom, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the United States. Other waivers, with substantial documentation, must be submitted to the Chancellor for approval.
- A signed, notarized statement verifying financial support of the student from the sponsor indicating their full responsibility for the international student’s financial obligations while attending Trenholm State. The letter must include an original current bank letter or statement from the sponsor’s financial institution showing sufficient funds to support the student’s educational expenses. Please note that Trenholm State Community College offers no financial assistance or scholarships for international students;
- Documentation demonstrating adequate health and life insurance inclusive of a repatriation which must be maintained during all periods of enrollment;
- All international students must submit a physical and proof of immunizations;
- Transient or transfer international students must submit a Transient/Transfer Clearance Form signed by the international student advisor at the institution from which the prospective student comes. Transient or transfer international students must submit a copy of the Form I-20 from the institution from which the student transfers.
An international student applicant who fails to provide the required documentation will not be admitted to any Alabama Community College System Institutions. For further assistance, contact the Records Department at email@example.com.
Dr. Suresh Kaushik, Primary Designated School Official, PDSO
Dr. T. R. Sanders-McBryde, Designated School Official, DSO