Getting involved! Grow your leadership skills by being a member of the Student Government Association, or start a campus club or organization that focuses on your specific field of study or interests. At Trenholm, we support our students’ social and personal growth to create a positive learning environment that enhances the total student experience.
Candidate Applications for SGA and Miss Trenholm State Community College are now available here!
SGA and Miss Trenholm State Community College Application Requirements And Qualifications
Requirements for SGA Applicants at Trenholm State Community College according to the TSCC SGA Constitution.
A person desiring to run for an SGA elected office shall file an application with Student Services as a step in becoming eligible for candidacy. After meeting all the requirements stated in the SGA Constitution and below the person shall officially become eligible for candidacy by official notification by the Office of the Dean of Students.
Composition of SGA and Candidacy Requirements
There shall be three (3) elected members of SGA and (5) appointed members as follows:
- Four (4) elected positions a presiden, a vice-president, a treasurer, Miss Trenholm State Community College.
- Five (5) appointed officers - a chief of staff (executive secretary), an information officer, a college reporter, a parliamentarian, a student leadership chairman.
Qualifications For Candidacy
Academic Requirements for SGA Positions (Elected and Appointed Positions)
- Full time student
- Must be enrolled in Associate Degree Program
- Completed a full semester at Trenholm State Community College with a minimum of 12 hours completed.
- 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average. (student must maintain a 3.0 cumulative average during the term of office)
- Student must be entering their sophomore year for the term they are campaigning.
- Good standing. (No disciplinary or academic probation record)
Application Packet Submission Requirements (Elected and Appointed Positions)
- SGA Electronic Application must be submitted online to the Student Services Division.
- Submit 3 letters of recommendations. (two letters from instructors, one letter from someone in the community)
- Three (3) candidate photos: Business Attire, Casual Attire, Semi-formal Attire.(Submitted via upload (image file only) to online application)
- Bio Sheet/Platform - (submitted via upload as a word document or pdf to the online application).
- Student must have a campus mentor who agrees to be present at all activity sponsored events by the candidate and advise student during his/her campaign and tenure in office.
- Official Candidate Contract signed and returned after being approved for candidacy by Dean of Students or designee.
- Candidate must at all times represent the ideals of a good citizen and inherent the missions of the college.
- Candidates mst follow regulations stipulated in campaign rules in their packet.
- After becoming eligible for candidacy, a candidate shall be responsible for obtaining a thorough knowledge of all election regulations, ignorance of such regulations shall be no escuse for any breach or violation thereof.
Should you have any questions, please contact Ms. Valerie Alle-Porterfield, for more information 334-420-4464 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 18, 2020 (Tuesday) - SGA and Miss Trenholm Applications for the Spring 2020 elections are available online. These are electronic appliacations. All applications must be completed in before they can be submitted electronically.
March 16, 2020 (Monday) - Deadline for submission of completed SGA Candidacy Application Packets
March 27, 2020 (Monday) - Candidates notified via student email if they have been selected to run for office. If selected they must report to Ms. Porterfield office on the Trenholm Campus to sign a Candidate Contract before April 1, 2020
April 1-15, 2020 - Candidates will also be notified of their formal interview. Exact dates and time TBD. Candidates will be contracted to confirm schedules once a date has been set. The formal interview weights 25% on your vote. 75% is from popular vote.
April 1, 2020 (Wednesday) - April 15, 2020 (Wednesday) - Formal campaigning for the Spring 2020 student elections shall begin Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
April 14, 2020 (Tuesday) - POLLS OPEN - A link will be sent to all students via email and text message to access the electronic polls on April 14, 2020
April 15, 2020 (Wednesday) - POLLS CLOSE - Polls will close at 11:59 p.m April 15, 2020.
April 16, 2020 (Thursday) - ElECTION RESULTS - Election results will be anounced April 16, 2020 during Student Appreciation Day and via TSCC Social Media Sites and email.
Any person failing to meet deadlines shall not be eligible for candidacy. After becoming eligible for candidacy, a candidate shall be responsible for obtaining a thorough knowledge of all election regulations. Ignorance of such regulations shall be no excuse for any breach or violation thereof.
Elected SGA Officers
Appointed SGA Officers
Chief of Staff-Executive Secretary
Public Information Officer
Student Leadership Chairman
For more detailed information on every position please view the SGA Constitution.