Student Government Association
The Student Services Division facilitates the Student Government Association (SGA) elections for Trenholm State Community College. Students interested in running for the office should review the eligibility requirements outlined in the Trenholm State Community College SGA Constitution.
Any person(s) that seek to run for an SGA elected position must complete an Online Application for Candidacy. Applicants who meet all requirements as outlined in the SGA Constitution shall receive an official notification from the Office of the Dean of Students of his/her eligible candidacy.
There shall be three (3) elected members of SGA and (3) appointed members as follows:
- Vice-President- Patterson
- Public Relation/Communication Officer
All applicants must meet the following academic requirements to be eligible for candidacy:
- Enrolled as a full-time student with a minimum of 12 hours completed;
- Enrolled in an associate degree or certificate program;
- Have a 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (student must maintain a 3.0 cumulative average during the term of office);
- Students running for an elected office (President or Vice President) must be a sophomore the semester in which they run for office;
- First-year students with a minimum of 12 hours can serve in appointed positions (Parliamentarian, Public Relations/Communications Officer, and Secretary);
- Students must be in good standing with the college and have no prior disciplinary infractions;
- Students must be in good academic standing at the time of application or assuming office;
A completed application packet should include the following items:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation on letterhead (two letters from instructors, one letter from someone in the community).
- 500-word type essay that includes applicants biographical background, educational goals, extracurricular and academic activities. The essay should also address the candidate's platform of service, plans and goals for Trenholm State when elected to office. The essay should be written in the first person.
- Two (2) headshots: Business Attire & Casual Attire.
- Signed Consent for the Use of Image and Release from Liability Form.
For questions regarding the SGA Elections procedures please contact:
Ms. Valerie Allen-Porterfield
Director of Enrollment, Student Development, and Recruitment
334-420-4464 or firstname.lastname@example.org