Student Government Association Election
The Student Services Division facilitates the Student Government Association (SGA) elections for Trenholm State Community College. Students interested in running for the office should review the eligibility requirements outlined in the Trenholm State Community College SGA Constitution.
Any person(s) that seek to run for an SGA elected position must complete an Online Application for Candidacy. Applicants who meet all requirements as outlined in the SGA Constitution shall receive an official notification from the Office of the Dean of Students of his/her eligible candidacy.
Complete Online Candidacy Application
Deadline: March 7, 2023 11:59 p.m.
There shall be three (3) elected members of SGA and (3) appointed members as follows:
- Vice-President- Patterson
- Public Relation/Communication Officer
All applicants must meet the following academic requirements to be eligible for candidacy:
- Enrolled as a full-time student with a minimum of 12 hours completed;
- Enrolled in an associate degree or certificate program;
- Have a 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (student must maintain a 3.0 cumulative average during the term of office);
- Students running for an elected office (President or Vice President) must be a sophomore the semester in which they run for office;
- First-year students with a minimum of 12 hours can serve in appointed positions (Parliamentarian, Public Relations/Communications Officer, and Secretary);
- Students must be in good standing with the college and have no prior disciplinary infractions;
- Students must be in good academic standing at the time of application or assuming office;
A completed application packet should include the following items:
- One (1) letter of recommendation on letterhead (from faculty, staff, supervisor, principal, counselor, organization, etc.).
- One (1) headshot - Business or Business Casual Attire.
- Unofficial Transcript – Your unofficial transcript can be found in your student portal.
- Campaign Speech (Typed) - 500-word typed campaign speech that includes applicants biographical background, educational goals, extracurricular and academic activities. The essay should also address the candidate's platform of service, plans and goals if elected to office. 500 words = One page, 1 inch margin, 12 font, double spaced.
- Campaign Speech (Recorded) - Upload your campaign speech using your Microsoft Office 365 student "Stream" account or upload using the free "WeTransfer" app to upload and transfer videos. Please use the following email address when sending and sharing videos: email@example.com.
Your campaign speech should include biographical background, educational goals, extracurricular activities, and academic accomplishments. The speech should also address the candidate's platform of service, plans, and goals if elected to office. If you have questions regarding this, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will assist you.
Campaigning Rules And Regulations
For questions regarding the SGA Elections procedures please contact:
Ms. Valerie Allen-Porterfield
Director of Enrollment, Student Development, and Recruitment
334-420-4464 or email@example.com