Associate of Arts
Maximize your potential through an associate degree.
The first step to be accepted into this program is to complete the college application.
An associate degree provides students with critical values and a range of knowledge in the field of science. Trenholm State graduates will demonstrate competency in reading, math, writing, oral communication, and basic computer usage. Students will also discover certain basic principles, concepts, and methodologies both unique to and shared by the various disciplines.
An associate degree leads students through learning activities so that they understand multicultural and diverse perspectives. Students will gain insights through experiences involving ethical and social issues. Through these learning experiences, students develop self-understanding and become life-long learners.
This degree can be completed online!
Click here for a plan of study for the Associate in Arts Degree.
To be eligible for admissions to pursue an Associate Degree, a student must meet one of the following criteria:
- The student holds Advanced, Regular Diploma, Regular Career/Technical Endorsement, Credit-Based Endorsement Diploma, the high school diploma of another state equivalent to aforementioned endorsements, or an equivalent diploma issued by a non-public, regionally and/or state accredited high school; or
- The student holds a high school diploma equivalent to Advanced, Regular Diploma, Regular Career/Technical Endorsement, Credit-Based Endorsement Diploma issued by a non-public high school and passed the Alabama High School Graduation Examination; or
- The student holds a high school diploma equivalent to the Advanced or Regular Diploma, issued by a non-public high school and has achieved a minimum ACT score of 16; or
- The student holds the high school diploma from another state equivalent to the Advanced, Regular Diploma, Regular Career/Technical Endorsement, Credit-Based Endorsement or an equivalent diploma issued by a non-public high school, and has achieved a minimum ACT score of 16; or
- The student holds a GED Certificate issued by an appropriate state education agency.
Associate of Science
Location: Bldg J - Trenholm Campus