3, 2, 1 Activate!
Your future starts NOW with Trenholm State's Dual Enrollment Program
Access the path to your dreams
Dual Enrollment is a program designed for eligible high school students to enroll in college classes while they also attend high school. Students successfully completing dual enrollment classes receive both high school and college credit. Students can also apply their college credits to earn a certified credential upon graduation or use them to transfer to a 4-year college or university.
- Earn dual credit to complete high school pathways while earning college credit
- Become acclimated to the college atmosphere
- Earn a short term certificate
- Earn college credit to transfer to a 4-year college or university
- Decrease the timeframe to earn a college degree
- Be in the 10th, 11th, or 12 grades.
- Have written approval from high school principal or superintendent
- Have a cumulative (unweighted) GPA of 2.0 (CTE) or 2.5 (Academic) on a 4.0 Scale
**Course Placement Testing may be required for College level Math & English courses**
Students who meet the criteria for initial admission in Dual Enrollment will remain in continuous eligibility as long as a grade of “C” or better in all attempted college courses is earned. Students who fail to meet this minimum grade requirement or who withdraw from a course will be suspended from Dual Enrollment for a minimum of one semester. The student may not re-enroll until the suspension has been served.
For re-entry, the student must reapply to the program and meet the minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (unweighted) for academic courses and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (unweighted) for technical courses.
Dual enrollment scholarship funds may be used to cover tuition, textbooks, and supplies depending on the availability of funds, the needs of the individual student, and the requirements of the technical classes. The scope of each scholarship is determined by available funding and the scholarship grant guidelines. Costs covered will be determined on an individual basis.
The following programs are eligible for funding with the Dual Enrollment Scholarship.
|Air Conditioning and Refrigeration||Computer Information Systems|
|Electrical||Automotive Manufacturing and Automation|
|Graphic Design||Culinary Arts|
|Industrial Systems and Automation||Automotive Service|
|Medical Assisting||Office Administration|
|Child and Human Development||Welding|
|BIO-101 INTRODUCTION TO BIOLOGY I||PHY 112 PRINCIPLE OF PHYSICS|
|BIO-102 INTRODUCTION TO BIOLOGY II||PHY-120 INTRODUCTION TO PHYSICS|
|BIO-103 PRINCIPLES OF BIOLOGY I||CIS-146 MICROCOMPUTER APPLICATIONS|
|BIO-104 PRINCIPLES OF BIOLOGY II||CIS-149 INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTERS|
|BIO-201 HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY I||CIS-157 INTRODUCTION TO APP DEVELOPMENT WITH SWIFT|
|CIS-171 LINUX I||PHS-112 PHYSICAL SCIENCE|
|CIS-201 INTRO TO COMPUTER PROGRAMMING CONCEPTS||MTH-100 INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE ALGEBRA|
|MTH-112 PRECALCULUS ALGEBRA||MTH-110 FINITE MATHEMATICS|
Advising is the process of preparing for the instruction and training required for the program of study a student wishes to pursue. At Trenholm State, students work individually with advisors to plan, select appropriate courses, and learn of college resources that are available to help them achieve degree completion.
Please contact the Dual Enrollment Coordinator to make an appointment.
- Step 1 Submit the Trenholm State Admission Application.
- Step 2 Review the Schedule of Classes.
- Students should only take courses that (1) satisfy their high school requirements; (2) are needed to earn a certification in their chosen program of study; or (3) will transfer to the college they plan to attend.
- Step 3 Complete and submit the Dual Authorization Form with approved courses listed and signed by the high school principal and school superintendent. Students can deliver signed authorization forms in person or send them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 4 Have your guidance counselor send a copy of your current official transcript and ACT scores to the Admissions Office via email to email@example.com
Education that works for you! With your success in mind, we have various resources available to enhance your college experience. Take advantage of valuable services as you work to complete your endeavors.
Trenholm State is a student-centered institution, and our focus is on YOU! Your success is our priority, and we provide many opportunities for you to partner with us as you work toward achieving your goals.
Dual Enrollment FAQsLearn More
Dual Enrollment ChecklistLearn More
Dual Enrollment Course Equivalency ListLearn More
Alabama TransfersLearn More
Transcript RequestLearn More
For information concerning Dual Enrollment offered at Trenholm State, please contact:
For half a century, thousands of students have charted their path to success at Trenholm State Community College. From the 1960s to today, we have been part of the fabric of Montgomery and the River Region, growing to include diverse programs of study, multiple campuses, and online learning. Now, we celebrate the present and move forward with a renewed dedication to our community and the success of our students. We invite you to join us.