Accelerated High School Program
Trenholm State Community College offers qualified high school students the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. This program differs from Dual Enrollment in that participating students receive college credit Only; no high school credit is awarded for courses taken under the Accelerated High School program.
Students who attend accredited high schools must meet the criteria listed here:
- The student must have successfully completed the 10th grade.
- The student must provide certification each semester from the local principal and/or his/her designee that the student has a minimum cumulative “B” average and recommends the student for enrollment. (Click here for the Accelerated High School approval form)
- In addition to the approval form, the student must provide a high school transcript.
- The student must provide qualifying placement scores.
- The student may enroll only in postsecondary courses for which the high school prerequisites have been completed.
Exceptions may be granted by the Chancellor for a student documented as gifted and talented in accordance with Alabama Administrative Code §290-8-9-12. Exceptions apply only to requirements 1 and 2 noted above.
This admission status is available to students attending public, private, parochial, or church/religious schools pursuant to §16-28-1 of the Code of Alabama 1975, or who are receiving instruction from a home school offering educational instructions in grades K-12, homeschooled students, and those receiving instruction through private tutors.
- ACT / Placement Test Scores - Prior to enrollment, students are required to provide ACT Scores and/or Placement Test Scores in order to verify pre-requisite requirements. For more course-specific information and to schedule a placement test, visit Trenholm’s Advising Center website.
- High School Transcript - Students are required to submit a copy of their high school transcript to the Dual Enrollment Office, prior to registration. Students should contact their high school counselor or school representative to request copies of transcripts.