Trenholm State Community College

Dual Enrollment FAQ & Resources

Dual Enrollment
Frequently Asked Questions

What is Dual Enrollment:

Dual Enrollment refers to a student who receives high school and college credit for a particular course taught at the high school or on one of the TSCC campuses during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.

Am I eligible?

Eligible students must:

  • Be in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade when enrolling in a dual enrollment course.
  • Have a 2.0 GPA in completed high school courses.
  • Have a 2.5 GPA in completed high school courses to enroll in Stem-based courses.
  • Have written approval of the appropriate principal and the local superintendent of education.

How do I apply?

  • Discuss dual enrollment/dual credit options with your high school counselor to determine if you can enroll for dual enrollment at TSCC.
  • Apply online at
  • Complete and submit the Dual Enrollment Authorization Form with approved courses listed and signed by the high school principal or school superintendent.
  • Have your guidance counselor send a copy of your current official transcript and ACT scores to the Admissions Office via email to

Is Dual Enrollment right for me?

Dual Enrollment courses are college courses, and the amount of work necessary to succeed in these courses may be much greater than in traditional high school courses. Students should talk to their high school counselors and parents about the dual enrollment program. The grades in these courses will become a permanent part of the student’s college transcript. Students must do well in their first college courses so they can begin their college careers with success. Questions to consider: Am I ready for a college class? What class do I want to take?

What courses are available for Dual Enrollment?

A variety of career technical, health sciences, and academic transfer programs are available through dual enrollment agreements between the high school and TSCC. Courses numbered below 100 are not available for dual credit. Consult your high school counselor for details.

When and where can I take the class?

Students may take courses at TSCC during the day, evening, or online during the school year and summer.

How do I receive my grade?

Grades are issued to students each semester. Students may view their grades on their My Trenholm Portal located at Grades will also be sent to your high school guidance counselor each semester.

Are my Dual Enrollment grades listed on my high school and college transcripts?

Grades earned in Dual Enrollment courses are listed on the student’s high school transcript and count toward high school graduation requirements. The grades are also listed on the students' TSCC transcript once they graduate from high school or earn a GED. These grades are permanent college grades and become a part of the student’s permanent college transcript.

Will Dual Enrollment courses transfer to other colleges and universities?

Academic transfer courses will transfer to most four-year colleges and universities in Alabama. Alabama Transfers provides information on courses that transfer from TSCC to Alabama’s public four-year institutions. For information on Alabama Transfers and transfer credits in Alabama, students should go to Students who plan to attend a college or university out of state should contact the institution for specific transfer information. Career technical courses are not designed for transfer. However, these courses allow students to get a jump start in a technical career program at TSCC. These courses can lead to an Associate in Applied Science degree or certificate and help with early employment opportunities in today’s highly skilled workforce.

Can PACT funds be used for Dual Enrollment?

At the beginning of each semester, students must notify Ms. Valerie Satterwhite (334) 420-4255 or each semester they choose to use their available PACT funds. Students may also need to contact PACT at 1-800-252-7228 to change their original enrollment date.

History of

For half a century, thousands of students have charted their path to success at Trenholm State Community College. From the 1960s to today, we have been part of the fabric of Montgomery and the River Region, growing to include diverse programs of study, multiple campuses, and online learning. Now, we celebrate the present and move forward with a renewed dedication to our community and the success of our students. We invite you to join us.

Contact Trenholm State

1-866-753-4544 334-420-4200

Trenholm Campus:
1225 Air Base Blvd
Montgomery, Alabama 36108
Directions »
Mailing Address:
Post Office Box 10048
Montgomery, Alabama 36108