The Diesel Mechanics Program at Trenholm State Community College is designed to teach a student the basic principles required in the repair and maintenance of components in the trucking, equipment, and farm-related industries. The student will gain hands-on experience repairing, troubleshooting, and rebuilding various components in these areas.
The first step to be accepted into this program is to complete the college application. Apply Now!
Diesel service technicians and mechanics (also known as diesel technicians) inspect, repair, or overhaul buses and trucks, or maintain and repair any type of diesel engine. Diesel service technicians and mechanics typically do the following:
- Consult with customers, read work orders, and determine work required
- Plan work procedures, using technical charts and manuals
- Inspects brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines, and other parts of vehicles
- Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined
- Read and interpret diagnostic test results to identify mechanical problems
- Repair or replace malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment
- Perform basic care and maintenance, including changing oil, checking fluid levels, and rotating tires
- Test-drive vehicles to ensure that they run smoothly
The mission of the Diesel Mechanics program is to prepare individuals for employment as high-quality, entry-level service technicians in truck, farm, and construction dealerships, truck fleet service facilities, and independent truck, farm, and construction service shops.
Scan or click the QR code to view.
3920 Troy Hwy,
Montgomery, AL 36108