Automotive Manufacturing & Automation
The first step to be accepted into this program is to complete the college application. Apply Now!
Trenholm State offers highly informative programs to prepare students to become multi-craft technicians. This program will give students knowledge in the following areas using the most up-to-date modern equipment: Metrology, Coordinate Measuring Machine, Welding, Electrical, Programmable Logic Controllers, Machine Tool, Troubleshooting assembly lines, and Robotics Maintenance.
The multi-craft technician is responsible for setup, installation, troubleshooting, repair, and testing of complex mechanical /electrical equipment, including automatic machines and process controls, motor control centers and related controls, computer control systems, some with man/machine interfaces, as well as basic plant electrical equipment. This includes preventive maintenance activities related to production and building equipment, machinery and components.
The Automotive Manufacturing and Automation program at Trenholm State strives to build a comprehensive workforce in the automotive manufacturing industry for the benefit of manufacturing employers and those desiring to enter these high-skills, high-wage occupations.
At Trenholm State, the Automotive Manufacturing and Automation program is designed to equip a student with the skills and technical knowledge needed to be a success in this interesting and growing field. The students are assigned to specific lab projects that must be completed while studying the theory directly related to the projects.
- Associate of Applied Science—Automotive/Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (72 Semester Hours)
- Associate of Applied Science—Automotive/Advanced Manufacturing and Automation—Equipment Service/Maintenance Technician (66 Semester Hours)
- Automotive/Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (56 Semester Hours)
Short Term Certificate
- Automotive/Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (28 Semester Hours)
- Automotive/Advanced Manufacturing and Automation—Certified Production Technician (13 Semester Hours)
- Automotive/Advanced Manufacturing and Automation—Manufacturing Systems Technician (28 Semester Hours)
- Automotive/Advanced Manufacturing and Automation—Manufacturing Maintenance Technician I (19 Semester Hours)
- Automotive/Advanced Manufacturing and Automation—Manufacturing Maintenance Technician II (19 Semester Hours)
Curriculum Requirements For Associate Degree
General Education Core Requirements
|Area||Course||Hours Required||Recommended Course(s)|
|I||Written Composition||3||ENG 101|
|II||Humanities and Fine Arts||3||MUS 101|
|III||Natural Sciences and Mathematics||6-7||MTH 116 & PHS 112|
|IV||History, Social, and Behavioral Sciences||3||PSY 200|
|Ori 101||Orientation to College||1|
|ADM 101||Precision Measurement||3|
|ADM 105||Fluid Systems||3|
|ADM 110||Blueprint Reading||3|
|ADM 111||Manufacturing Safety Practices||3|
|ADM 291||MSSC Safety||3|
|ADM 292||MSSC Quality & Measurement||3|
|ADM 293||MSSC Manufacturing||3|
|ADM 294||MSSC Maintenance Awareness||3|
|AUT 100||Introduction to Automotive Concepts||3|
|AUT 110||DC Fundamentals||3|
|AUT 111||AC Fundamentals||3|
|AUT 114||Programmable Logic Controllers||3|
|AUT 116||Introduction to Robotics||3|
|AUT 178||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding||3|
|AUT 180||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Lab||3|
|AUT 221||Advanced Programmable Logic Controllers||3|
|AUT 230||Preventive Maintenance||3|
|AUT 234||Industrial Motor Controls I||3|
Scan or click the QR code to view.
Engineering Division Director
3920 Troy Hwy,
Montgomery, AL 36116