The Truck Driving program at H. Councill Trenholm State Community College is designed to prepare the student to operate vehicles requiring a commercial driver’s license. A six-week, non-credit Truck Driving program is offered that utilizes the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) model curriculum as the foundation for training and takes the student from basic through advanced operation of a tractor/trailer. Additionally, courses taught include safe operation practices and non-vehicle activities which are not directly related to the vehicle but which must be performed by the operator. Information is presented in an intensive question and answer format to provide the most efficient and cost-effective method for preparing a student for a commercial driver’s license.
- Students entering the Truck Driving Program must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Successfully pass a DOT physical which includes a drug screen.
- Present a current Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
- Prior to being enrolled, students may obtain the Alabama Commercial Drivers Learner’s License.
- Students are subject to DOT random drug testing rules.
For more information, contact the CDL office at 334-420-4406.
Truck Driving Program Calendar 2018 - 2019
$1,985 for Class A License (please see costs associated with the program)*
5 days a week, 34 hours per week - 6 weeks
100% funding is available through the Alabama Career Center. For information regarding eligibility and application for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), please contact an Alabama Career Center: Montgomery Career Center - 334-286-1746
Truck Driving Training Center (map)
5420 Troy Highway
Montgomery, AL 36116
- Training - $1,985.00 (To reserve your seat, registration and payment are required.)
- Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) - $5.75
Alabama Department of Public Safety
301 South Ripley Street
Montgomery, AL 36102
- Learner’s Permit - $36.25
- License Class A - $66.25
- DOT Physical and Drug Screen - $45.00 - $100.00
- Register and Pay - Application for Non-Credit Course
• MasterCard, Visa or Discover
• Cash Payment (check, money order, or cash)
• WIOA funding to cover the cost of this program, please contact your local
Alabama Career Center at 334-286-1746
- Required Documents for the Truck Driving Program
- Proof of Drug Testing
- D. O. T. Physical
- Motor Vehicle Report
- Current Valid Driver's License/ Commercial Learner License