The Electrician’s Assistant training program at Trenholm State Community College is designed to prepare the student to install electrical systems in structures. They install wiring and other electrical components, such as circuit breaker panels, switches, and light fixtures. They follow blueprints, the National Electrical Code (NEC), as well as state and local codes.
The Electrician’s Assistant training program utilizes a standardized training and credentialing program developed by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
This course provides instruction in basic safety (OSHA), construction math, tools, construction drawings, material handling and employability skills.
NCCER ELECTRICAL LEVEL 1
This course provides training in safety, electrical circuits and theory, introduction to the National Electrical Code (NEC), device boxes, hand bending, wireways, raceways, fittings, electrical test equipment, conductors and cables, basic electrical construction documents and residential wiring.
- For application/registration information, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must be 18 years of age.
- Demonstrate appropriate safety at all times.
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical wiring, systems, equipment & fixtures under general supervision or direction.
- Install conduit and pipes to house electrical wires and cables
- Install circuit breakers and other electrical hardware
- Rewire lighting units and receptacles
- Detect live electrical wires
- Cutting and stripping electrical wires
- Classes meet from June 6, 2022, to July 28, 2022
- Classes meet Monday, Wednesday & Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 8-week course (185 classroom hours) - See attached for specific class schedule
- 25 seats available
- Training will be held in Building Q at the Patterson Site (3920 Troy Highway, Montgomery)
- Scholarships are available. Students will be responsible for paying a $100.00 registration fee. Scholarship includes tuition, books and tools. Upon successful completion of the training program, student will receive select tools to keep.
- Acceptable payment methods are: Mastercard, Visa & Discover. Credit card payments may be made by calling our Cashier at 334-420-4272 Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. If you need to pay with money order, cashier’s check, personal check or cash, please make arrangements with the Cashier.
For application/registration information, please send an email request to email@example.com