Alabama’s Ready to Work (RTW) program provides a career pathway for individuals with limited education and employment experience. Ready to Work’s workplace environment provides trainees the entry-level skills required for employment with most businesses and industries in Alabama. Training is provided at no cost to participants.
The Ready to Work curriculum is set to standards cited by business and industry employers throughout the state and the skills cited in the U. S. Department of Labor’s Secretary’s Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS) Reports.
The Ready to Work core curriculum consists of 6 training modules and ACT WorkKeys. All curriculum modules, including ACT WorkKeys, are structured to reinforce the essential skills of reading, writing, listening, speaking, and arithmetic.
Upon successful completion of the RTW program, graduates will receive two industry-recognized credentials:
- National Career Readiness Certificate – issued by ACT
- Alabama Certified Work Certificate – issued by AIDT
Certification Requirements include:
- 95% Attendance and Punctuality rate.
- Satisfactory achievement of work ethic, organizational skills, attitude, and motivation.
- 70% or higher passage on all required assessments.
- Successful completion of WorkKeys assessments (Applied Math, Graphics Literacy, Workplace Documents) with level 3 or higher.
The Ready to Work Program is offered in a hybrid format, a combination of online and virtual, or face-to-face, engagement.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Regina Jones at (334) 420-4299.