The Office of Disability Services
Director of Student Success Center
The Office of Disability Services at Trenholm State Community College is a student-centered, nurturing unit serving as the central campus resource for students who wish to request academic accommodations. In collaboration with students and instructors, our staff coordinate accommodations and support to ensure that students have equal access to an education, campus resources and activities. Trenholm State Community College ensures compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and students seeking accommodations on the basis of disability are required to submit documentation of their disability to the Office of Disability Services. The Office of Disability Services is responsible for determining the acceptability of documentation and reserves the right to require additional information.
Students with disabilities may be eligible for services such as extended time to complete tests, use of assistive technology, tutoring, and individualized registration assistance. The College also has an ongoing partnership with state and private rehabilitation agencies, as well as with a variety of counseling service and outreach agencies to assist students with disability support services.
For information about accommodations and assistive technologies available to students with disabilities, please contact the ADA Coordinator by email at email@example.com. or by phone at (334)420-4418.
- To review presented documentation of disabilities
- To establish that students are eligible for disability services
- To determine reasonable accommodations
- To provide support and advocacy for students
If you have a disability and are requesting academic accommodations, you will need to complete each of the following steps:
- Review the Voluntary Disclosure of Disability/Academic Accommodations Request Form.
- Review the Documentation Guidelines.
- Gather Your Documentation that will support your request for accommodations.
- Complete and Submit the Voluntary Disclosure of Disability/Academic Accommodations Request Form. You must upload your disability documentation and a copy of your class schedule while submitting your application.
- Check your Trenholm State Email account for updates on your accommodations request.
- Schedule an Appointment with the ADA Coordinator to discuss the accommodations process/approved accommodations. Approved accommodations will be sent to the student. Accommodations are not retroactive.
- Talk with Your Instructor about your approved accommodations.
Any questions or concerns about the ADA Accommodations process should be sent to the ADA Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ADA Accommodation Letter Request (For Returning Students Only)
- ADA Office Consent Letter
- ADA Parent Consent Letter
- Disabilities Criteria Sheet
- Disabilities Services Sheet
- ADHD Guidelines
- Specific Learning Disability Guidelines
- Traumatic Brain Injury Guidelines
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Guidelines
- Psychiatric Disability Guidelines
- Mobility, Systemic or Chronic Illness Related Disabilites Guidelines
- Voluntary Disclosure of Disability/Academic Accommodations Request
A Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD/TTY) is available for hearing-impaired individuals and may be accessed through the Office of Admissions on both campuses.