What Makes the AMT Program Different?
Over two years, students can earn as much as $33,500, which with planning can cover all of a student’s education expenses. There are also potential grants and financial aid.
While not guaranteed, there will be opportunities for the sponsor company to hire graduates as full time employees. Graduates of the AMT program will be equipped with the needed skills and experience that many manufacturing companies are actively seeking.
Enter the Workforce as an In-Demand, Skilled Technician
The River Region Federation For Advanced Manufacturing Education (F.A.M.E.) program partners students with industry while they take classes at select community colleges.
The goal is for students to gain valuable employment experience with manufacturing leaders while also completing their associate degree.
The application is due by February 28, 2022!
How To Apply
- Apply for Admission to Trenholm State Community College at www.trenholmstate.edu/apply
- Complete this FAME application. https://fame-usa.secure-platform.com/a
- Send your high school and college transcripts to Trenholm State Admissions Office. If you are a high school senior, you can send your unofficial transcripts until your official transcript becomes available after graduation. (Instructions at www.trenholmstate.edu/required-documents)
- Send ACT scores and unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type a 300-500 word essay on your career goals and how being in Trenholm State’s FAME program will assist in achieving those goals and email it to email@example.com
Do I get to choose my sponsor company?
Companies select students on a draft system. You have the right to refuse an offer, but there is no guarantee another company will select you.
Will I be hired immediately at my sponsor company?
Maybe. There is no obligation for the sponsor company to hire you, nor are you obligated to stay after graduation. Several factors are considered in this situation.
I’ve never worked in manufacturing. How do I know if this is the right program for me?
It’s okay if you don’t have any real-world manufacturing experience. Do you like working with your hands? Does the sound of sitting at a desk all day long bore you? Do you have a reputation for being able to take things apart and put them back together? Do you ask “Why?” when something doesn’t work? If so, this program is likely for you!
- Applicant must be eligible to take MTH 100 and ENG 101.
- Must have a desire to work in a manufacturing environment troubleshooting, installing, and maintaining equipment.
- Must be 18 years of age by June of the application year.
- Participation in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) programs such as BEST Robotics, Career Technical coursework or Project Lead the Way is preferred.