Request For Information        

White Titan Logo

Dual Enrollment FAQ & Resources

Home / Programs & Training /DUAL ENROLLMENT FAQ & RESOURCES

Department Information


Trenholm Campus:
1225 Air Base Blvd
Montgomery, Alabama 36108

Patterson Site:
3920 Troy Highway
Montgomery, Alabama 36116

Phone: 1-866-753-4544
Phone: 334-420-4200

Programs & Training

Dual Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions

Dual Enrollment refers to a student who receives high school and college credit for a particular course taught at the high school or on one of the TSCC campuses during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.

Eligible students must:

  • Be in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade when enrolling in a dual enrollment course.
  • Have a 2.5 GPA in completed high school courses.
  • Have written approval of the appropriate principal and the local superintendent of education.
  • Discuss dual enrollment/dual credit options with your high school counselor to determine if you can enroll for dual enrollment at TSCC.
  • Apply online at Apply Now
  • Complete and submit the Dual Enrollment Authorization Form with approved courses listed and signed by the high school principal or school superintendent.
  • Have your guidance counselor send a copy of your current official transcript and ACT scores to the Admissions Office via email to

Dual Enrollment courses are college courses, and the amount of work necessary to succeed in these courses may be much greater than in traditional high school courses. Students should talk to their high school counselors and parents about the dual enrollment program. The grades in these courses will become a permanent part of the student’s college transcript. Students must do well in their first college courses so they can begin their college careers with success. Questions to consider: Am I ready for a college class? What class do I want to take?

A variety of career technical, health sciences, and academic transfer programs are available through dual enrollment agreements between the high school and TSCC. Courses are numbered below 100 are not available for dual credit. Consult your high school counselor for details.

Classes may be offered at your local high school or one of TSCC’s campuses. Students can schedule classes at their high school with approval from their high school counselors. Students may take courses at TSCC during the day, evening, or online during the school year and summer.

Grades are issued to students each semester. Students may view their grades on their My Trenholm Portal located at My Trenholm. In addition, high school counselors receive the student’s grades at the end of each semester.

Grades earned in Dual Enrollment courses are listed on the student’s high school transcript and count toward high school graduation requirements. The grades are also listed on the students’ TSCC transcript once they graduate from high school or earn a GED. These grades are permanent college grades and become a part of the student’s permanent college transcript.

Academic transfer courses will transfer to most four-year colleges and universities in Alabama. Alabama Transfers provides information on courses that transfer from TSCC to Alabama’s public four-year institutions. For information on Alabama Transfers and transfer credits in Alabama, students should go to Students who plan to attend a college or university out of state should contact the institution for specific transfer information. Career technical courses are not designed for transfer. However, these courses allow students to get a jump start in a technical career program at TSCC. These courses can lead to an Associate in Applied Science degree or certificate and help with early employment opportunities in today’s highly skilled workforce.

Students must notify Valerie Satterwhite (334) 420-4255 or each semester they choose to use their available PACT funds. A PACT Usage Form must also be completed each semester. Students will also need to contact PACT at 1-800-252-7228 to change their original enrollment date.