Workforce Development Division
Line Worker Training
Deadline to submit Application and other required documents
11:30 a.m. Friday, January 15, 2020
Trenholm State Community College is offering a training program to prepare individuals to work as electric utility line workers.
Line Worker Classes Include:
- Ready to Work
- ATSSA Flagger
- CPR/First Aid
- OSHA 10
- TVPPA Climbing Certification
- Class A CDL
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Complete Workforce Development Division – Click here to complete the Application/Registration Form
- Obtain the following and turn in all documentation with Application:
- Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) - $5.75 - click here to complete the form and take it to the ALEA - Driver License Division located at 301 South Ripley Street, Montgomery 36102. (Note: MVR report cannot be dated prior to January 1, 2021)
- DOT Physical and Drug Screening – Approx. $45.00 – $100.00) Click here for locations:
- Valid CDL Learner’s Permit ($36.25) – To obtain permit, you must pass three written tests at the Driver’s License Office located at 1040 Coliseum Blvd., Montgomery. Test 1: General Knowledge; Test 2: Air Brakes; Test 3: Combination Vehicle. Study Chapters 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6 in the CDL Manual Click here to view the CDL Manual
- Take the “TABE” test (reading and math sections) - contact the Trenholm State Community College Adult Education Department at 420-4348 to make an appointment. Scoring from this test will be used to assist with the candidate selection process.
- Climbing and working suspended above ground up to 200 feet
- Students weigh no more than 280 pounds due to OSHA equipment restrictions
- Fitness is required. If participants are unable to meet the physical requirements of this program, the tuition cost will not be refunded
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Ability to earn a Commercial Driver's License (CDL). The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires a physical before a Commercial Driver's Permit will be issued. Possible CDL health disqualifiers: epilepsy, kidney disease, narcolepsy or sleep apnea, color blindness, blind in one eye, must be able to hear all sounds 40 decibels or less, heart disease or hypertension, severe respiratory condition, loss of use of an extremity, diabetes currently requiring insulin, congestive cardiac failure, pacemakers, orthopedic or vascular disease, and psychiatric disorder; just to name a few
- 1st Class will begin February 1, 2021
- Ten (10) seats available
- 8-week course - Click here for specific class calendar
- Portions of the training program will be offered as follows:
- Ready to Work/OSHA: Trenholm State’s Patterson Site (3920 Troy Highway – Bldg. J)
- Flagger - Online
- CPR/First Aid: Trenholm State’s Trenholm Campus (1225 Air Base Blvd – Bldg. B)
- Climbing Training: 340 Technacenter Dr., Montgomery 36117
- Truck Driver Training: 5420 Troy Highway
- $4,000.00 per student - Does not include cost(s) for items listed under “Eligibility Requirements” above. (Financial Aid is not available at this time)
- Students will be required to provide their own pair of steel-toed work boots.
- Applications will be accepted starting Monday, December 7th on Mondays & Wednesdays from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. & 1:00 to 4:30 p.m. as well as Friday, January 15, 2021 from 8:00 to 11:30 a.m.
- Last date to complete application and submit all required documents noted under “Eligibility Requirements” will be 11:30 a.m. on January 15, 2021.
- Application and documents may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once documents are received, you will be contacted regarding payment.
- Application packets will be accepted in the Trenholm State - Workforce Development Office located in the Auditorium (Bldg. D), 3920 Troy Highway, Montgomery 36116.
- Payment is expected when application and documents are submitted. Mastercard, Visa, Discover, money order, cashier’s check, personal check and cash are accepted.
- For additional information or questions please contact us at email@example.com.
Application and all documents will be accepted starting Monday, December 7th on Mondays & Wednesdays
from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. & 1:00 to 4:30 p.m. and Friday, January 15, 2021 from 8:00 to 11:30 a.m.
Payment is expected at this time.