Trenholm State Upward Bound provides support to participants in their preparation for college entrance. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in their precollege performance and ultimately in their higher education pursuits. Upward Bound serves: high school students from low-income families; and high school students from families in which neither parent holds a bachelor's degree. The goal of Upward Bound is to increase the rate at which participants complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate from institutions of postsecondary education.
- Currently in the 9th or 10th grade
- Enrolled at one of the seven targeted high schools in the Tri-County Area:
- Jeff Davis
- First-generation college student (neither parent has a four-year degree and/or economically disadvantaged based on federal guidelines)
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have demonstrated a need for project services as assessed by project staff
- Lack of opportunity to achieve academic success
- Committed to participating in Upward Bound Academic Enrichment (Academic year component held on 22 Saturdays) and a six-week summer component through high school graduation.
Test Taking ACT Preparation
Financial Aid Workshop (FAFSA)
Academic Year Component
Academic year activities include academic advising, tutoring, ACT and SAT test preparation, college and financial aid planning, and career exploration. Classes are held on Saturdays with Upward Bound staff to monitor academic progress and receive assistance with the college selection and application process.
Students participate in a six-week program located on the Trenholm State Campus. The summer program will include academic classes, career exploration, college visits, cultural recreation, and community service activities.
Upward Bound Staff
Learning Resource Center
3086 Mobile Highway
Montgomery, Alabama 36108
For half a century, thousands of students have charted their path to success at Trenholm State Community College. From the 1960s to today, we have been part of the fabric of Montgomery and the River Region, growing to include diverse programs of study, multiple campuses, and online learning. Now, we celebrate the present and move forward with a renewed dedication to our community and the success of our students. We invite you to join us.