The Trenholm State Foundation, Inc. (the Foundation) is the nonprofit philanthropic entity of H. Councill Trenholm State Community College. Contributions to the Foundation are tax-deductible.
Established in November 2002, the Foundation’s mission is to support the academic vision and priorities of Trenholm State Community College.
The Foundation works to fulfill its mission by raising funding from individuals and entities to not only award scholarships for students, but to also provide support to programs and projects at the College.
The Trenholm State Foundation, Inc. enhances the academic vision and priorities of H. Councill Trenholm State Community College through its organized fundraising activities and funds management.
The Foundation’s Board of Directors is vested with the responsibility of the management of all of the property and business of the Foundation. The Board consists of 18 members. The College President and Executive Director of the Foundation serve on the Foundation in an ex-officio and non-voting capacity. The Board elects a chair, vice-chair, secretary and treasurer.
The Trenholm State Foundation achieves its mission by:
Fostering relationships with alumni and friends of Trenholm State by advocating charitable giving to the College
Strengthening relationships with donors to Trenholm State; and
Investing and disbursing funds to meet the current and future needs of Trenholm State.
A gift to the Trenholm State Foundation will benefit students, faculty, and the entire collegiate community. The Trenholm State Foundation supports the College’s objectives to provide education and training that benefit not only the student body but the community that employs our highly trained graduates. In fact, a two-year education at Trenholm State is an asset and partnership with the business community that employs our graduates and provides internships during their education.
Investing In Our Future
The Trenholm State Fund is an investment you can make through cash contributions, stocks and bonds, real estate, planned gifts, named scholarships and endowments. There are many ways to support our foundation. All are simple, easy and worthwhile. Become an investment partner with us today.
STOCKS AND BONDS
CORPORATE MATCHING GIFTS
ENDOWED, NAMED SCHOLARSHIP
Trenholm Foundation Scholarships
Trenholm State Foundation, Inc.
The Trenholm State Foundation is extremely grateful for the generosity of its benefactors – alumni, employees, students and friends of H. Councill Trenholm State Community College whose philanthropy supports the mission of the College.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The text of this statement in its entirety was developed by the American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), and adopted in November 1993.
All information collected will be used for financial purposes only and not redistributed. Contact information is collected to verify authenticity of credit card information and for correct designation of payment to the donor’s giving record.
- 2014 Audited Financial Statement
- 2013 Audited Financial Statement
- 2012 Audited Financial Statement
- 2011 Audited Financial Statement
- 2010 Audited Financial Statement
- 2009 Audited Financial Statement
- 2008 Audited Financial Statement
- 2007 Audited Financial Statement
- 2006 Audited Financial Statement
- 2005 Audited Financial Statement
Post Office Box 9884
Montgomery, AL 36108
Office of Institutional Advancement
H. Councill Trenholm State Community College
3920 Troy Highway
Montgomery, Alabama 36116