Programs & Training
Trenholm State Community College Adult Education Program assists adults aged 17 and older with acquiring the skills needed to be successful. The program provides educational services to individuals that need to improve their basic literacy skills, obtain their GED, or earn their high school diploma through the High School Diploma Option (HSDO) program. Students can earn industry-recognized credentials to advance their employment opportunities through the Alabama Career Essentials (ACE), Career Pathways and Mobilizing Alabama Pathways (MAPs) programs. We also offer English Language Learner (ELL) classes.
Trenholm State’s Adult Education Program provides services in Bullock, Elmore, Macon, and Montgomery counties. Classes are flexible and convenient to fit students’ busy schedules, and at no cost.
Trenholm State’s Adult Education Career Pathways program is a series of education and training programs that enables students to earn the skills and credentials needed to enter the workforce or advance in their chosen career field. Each step of the Career Pathway is designed to prepare the student to progress to the next level. Students can simultaneously complete their education requirements and earn workforce credentials.
Trenholm State Adult Education Program is committed to serving students with limited English proficiency by developing their oral and reading skills. Our English as Second Language (ESL) class helps students with limited English proficiency to attain a higher level of fluency of the language, increasing their opportunity to pass the U.S. citizenship and GED tests, and improve their employment opportunities.
The High School Diploma Option (HSDO) is an alternative to the GED high school equivalency, designed for students who have completed all of the required credits for graduation but didn't pass the Alabama High School Graduation Exam (AHSGE), or students who have left the traditional high school setting before graduation.
The program provides two options:
Option 1 - For an adult who attended an Alabama high school and earned enough credits to graduate but did not pass the high school graduation exam.
Option 2 - For an adult who earned 10 or more credits from an Alabama high school and requires additional credits for high school completion.
ELIGIBILITY FOR OPTION 1
- Participant must have all 24 credits required to graduate from a traditional high school, or the number of credits established by the local school system that the participant last attended
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Did not pass the Alabama High School Graduation Exam
- Participants must complete the TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education) Assessment.
ELIGIBILITY FOR OPTION 2
- Participants must have at least 10 credits of the 24 credits required to graduate from a traditional high school in Alabama
- Minimum age of 19
- Participants must complete the TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education) assessment
- TABE scores must meet the minimum qualifications and post-test required
STEPS TO DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY AND ENROLL
- Attend an orientation session and complete the TABE assessment
- Complete Transcript Audit Form Request
- Meet with adult education staff to review transcript information
Feel free to visit us!
Our office is located in the Building J,
3920 Troy Highway,
Montgomery, AL 36116.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.