The Student Ambassador program is a prestigious leadership organization that provides eligible students with valuable real-world experience through leadership, volunteerism, public speaking, conferences, and workshops. The Ambassador program’s mission is to cultivate student leaders who embody the Trenholm State spirit and want to share their experiences with prospective students, their families, and the greater community.
Trenholm State Community College Ambassadors will serve as the College representatives for various on and off-campus events and activities, including campus tours, serving on student panels, and volunteer events. Selected candidates will receive a scholarship that covers tuition and applicable fees for up to 12 credit hours per semester. Ambassadors are responsible for the cost of books.
- Have a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Apply for admission and attend Trenholm State for Fall 2024
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - Be sure to list TSCC as one of your college choices
- Three (3) signed letters of recommendation on official letterhead (Example: from a principal, counselor, teacher, minister, and/or employer. Letters from family members or friends will not be accepted)
- Five hundred (500) word essay stating why you would be a great student ambassador and how participating in the program can help you achieve your goals
- Resume of extracurricular activities and community service
- A headshot photo (professional/business attire)
- Attend a formal interview
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 or more hours) each semester and complete 24 hours each academic year while enrolled at Trenholm (Excluding summer semesters)
- Be available to work 12 (flexible) hours per week
- Participate in all required leadership training
- Participate in student engagements and activities
- Participate in on and off-campus college recruitment activities
- Participate in fundraising activities
- Participate in conferences on and off campus
- Some nights and weekends may be required
- Have effective written and oral communication skills
- Present a positive attitude and strong work ethic
All applicants will be required to submit a COMPLETED scholarship packet by April 1, 2024, to be considered. Packets must include the following items:
- Signed scholarship application
- Unofficial transcript
- Letters of recommendation
- Headshot photo
Incomplete scholarship packets will not be accepted. Applications to the program will not be accepted after the deadline.
If you are selected as a final candidate, you will be contacted via email to set up a date, time, and location for the interview with the scholarship committee.