The Student Ambassador program is a prestigious leadership organization that provides students with valuable real-world experience through leadership, volunteerism, public speaking, conferences, and workshops. The Ambassador program's mission is to cultivate student leaders who share the Trenholm State experience with prospective students, their families, and the greater community.
Trenholm State Community College Ambassadors will serve as the College representatives for various on and off-campus events and activities, including campus tours, serving on student panels, and volunteer events. Selected candidates are eligible for a scholarship that covers tuition and applicable fees for 12 credit hours. Ambassadors are responsible for the cost of books.
- High school applicants must enroll at Trenholm State Community College for the Fall 2022 term.
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Cannot be on any other institutional scholarship awarded by Trenholm.
THINGS THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 or more hours) each semester and complete 24 hours each academic year while enrolled at Trenholm. (Excluding summer semesters)
- Be available to work 8 (flexible) hours per week.
- Participate in all required leadership training.
- Participate in student engagements and activities.
- Participate in on and off-campus college recruitment activities.
- Participate in fundraising activities.
- Participate in conferences on and off-campus.
- Some nights and weekends may be required.
- Have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Present a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
All applicants will be required to submit a COMPLETED application packet by April 1, 2022, to be considered. A completed application includes 1) online application, 2) resume of extracurricular activities and community service, 3) copy of an unofficial transcript, 4) letter of recommendation and 5) headshot photo (Business or Business Casual).
If you are selected as a final candidate, you will be contacted via email to set up a date, time, and location for the interview with the scholarship committee.